Ride Faster Blog

  • Learn To Ride Faster !

    Group Turbo Training Classes Improve Your Cycle Fitness With A British Cycling Coach Planning a big bike ride, first race or sportive this year? Would you like some expert advice and training on how to prepare? Or maybe you just cycle to keep fit and would like someone to motivate you whilst training with like-minded people? If so then our ... Read full post
  • Fortunes off at Chain Reaction Cycles!

    Put in SAVE40 when you spend £199 and get £40 off that’s huge! That’s on top of any sale price. Or just get £5 off £49 (SAVE5) or £15 off £99 (SAVE15) Just click on the logo above and get spending!   Read full post
  • Extra 10% Off At Wiggle But Hurry!

    Spend over £99 and get another 10% at Wiggle even if it is already a sale item……Xmas really has come early.   Just type in voucher code 10EXTRA at the checkout but hurry you’ve got til 2pm Tuesday…..:-)   Click here to go shop: Read full post
  • Fatmax!

    Loughborough University were recently featured in Cycling Weekly issue dated 8th November 2012 (worth getting hold of).  One area mentioned that we’re often asked about is something called “fatmax”.  Now, this isn’t the biggest size you can balloon to over the winter, instead it shows the exercise intensity (unique to you) at which the maximal ... Read full post
  • Sky News Say “Buy A Bike!”

    Sky News Today: “68.3% of people were somewhat satisfied with their health”. It seems that at least 31.7% of you need to buy a bike:   What about the other 68.3% of you, wouldn’t you like to be completely satisfied with your health?! How? Upgrade your bike, you’ll ride it more lol……..   Read full post
  • Endurance Base Training

    So the winter is here and if your racing season starts again in or around March next year then you’re probably thinking about doing some base training but what is it and why should you do it? Base training is basically training aerobically in order to improve your endurance. How hard should you train to be training ... Read full post
  • Weight Loss Genius

    Great Tweet from @Doctor_Hutch the other day:   Weight Loss Tip.   Place Biscuits on high shelf  just out of reach.   Place bathroom scales below shelf to use as a step!   Genius! Read full post
  • Improve Your Performance Without Getting Off The Sofa

    PowerLung claim their product increases lung capacity by training your breathing muscles for greater flexibility and endurance. They claim that using this for 10 mins twice a day you will strengthen the muscles that support your breathing and therefore you’ll be able to ride faster, without getting off the sofa!  It’s got to be worth a ... Read full post